All the scratching and dribbling must stop.
And the only way out is to find an affordable yet effective option to eliminate the fleas and ticks that have infested your fur ball.
The big question is – will the Adams Flea and Tick collar work?
Well, for starters, this collar gives you a curative and preventative solution. Two, you get a longer period of protection compared to the monthly topical treatment option.
And to top it all off:
The price point is A-mazing! Or should I say perfect. It is a good alternative to the popular Seresto collar brand.
Let us get into the details of why this collar is a good bargain for flea treatment.
How does it work?
Adams flea and tick collar works as a perimeter treatment.
Once you unpack the collar, stretch it to release the insecticide generator and a white powder appears on its surface.
The active white powder rubs from the collar and onto their fur. It then spreads from the head to the tail through oils on their skin from one hair strand to another, until the whole body is covered.
And get this:
It begins to work instantly by killing ticks, fleas together with their eggs, larvae and nymphs.
It also repels those nasty fleas and ticks from your pooch’s skin.
As a caution, fit the collar loosely and not snugly around your pet’s neck. This is to allow your pet to grow and for it to slide over the head without much struggling.
But now you're probably wondering:
Is the Adams Flea and Tick Collar Safe?
It contains 14.55% Tetrachlorvinphos, which is an organophosphate insecticide used to control fleas and ticks on pets.
And 1.02% methoprene a hormone inhibitor used to regulate the growth of insects by preventing metamorphosis.
As long as you exercise caution according to the label instructions it poses no health risks.
This is because:
- It is potentially harmful when ingested or absorbed into the skin.
- Can cause irritation if it contacts your eyes.
As a word of caution:
- Clean your hands with soap and water using the 8 steps of hand washing after handling this collar.
- Do not touch your clothes, skin and eyes after touching the powder.
Who is the Adams Flea and Tick Collar Suitable for?
If your pup is older than 6weeks, then this collar is a great option for flea treatment. And they should be weighing over 4lbs.
Not to worry if your cat is younger:
You can purchase it now, but do not open the collar until they are of age.
So what key features does this collar have?
Key Features of Adams Flea and Tick Collar
Yes! You read that right. You do not have to remove it to give your puppy a bath or worry about them swimming with it on.
The collar will continue to function effectively after your pup takes a refreshing dip in the pool or gets it wet while enjoying some summer rain.
Duration of Protection
Adams flea and tick collar provides a whopping 7 months of protection from ticks and fleas. Once this period lapses, you need to purchase a new flea and tick collar depending on the scale of infestation.
First, let me explain something:
- You could see an increased number of dead fleas on your pets’ skin surface in the first 30 days of applying this treatment.
- This is because it takes a month to break the life cycle of these fleas and larvae.
- However, if you continue to see fleas, your pet could be picking them up from elsewhere.
- Therefore, consider treating your carpet, backyard and their living space too to get rid of them completely.
If you're on a tight budget and are looking for a quick solution to the flea menace, this collar is a good bargain.
It is cheaper compared to the monthly pill sold over the counter and provides a longer period of protection, giving you great value for your money.
This is a big concern for most pet owners.
And Adams' flea and tick collar is available in two sizes. A 15-inches long collar for puppies and small breeds, and a large one 26-inches long collar for mature dogs and large breeds.
Make sure to measure your pet’s neck to be exact. This is because you need to leave about 2-3 inches for adjustment and cut off any extra length.
Be cautious if your pet has sensitive skin, since it could cause an allergic reaction. Watch out for the following:
- If your pup or kitty gets an allergic reaction on wearing the collar, remove it and bath them using a mild soap and rinse with lots of water.
- If the symptoms persist consider visiting your veterinarian.
- A budget option
- Long 7 months protection
- Water resistant collar
- Available in 2 sizes (small and large breeds)
- Starts working quickly on application.
- Not only kills fleas and ticks, but also kills larvae and eggs.
- Effectiveness is low, many complain it did not work.
- Can cause allergic reactions especially in pets with sensitive skin.
Fleas are a menace and the Adams Flea and Tick collar is a good inexpensive solution. You get value for your money especially if it is a small pest infestation.
It will kill the fleas and protect your pup for about 7 more months.
The collar is water resistant so you can go swimming and bathe your pup without removing the collar. It will still work effectively.
Now there are concerns to put in:
Effectiveness of this collar is questionable. Most pet owners say that it worked great when they combined it with the monthly topical option.
Overall, I would recommend this product as a quick fix option for small pest infestations or as a combination with the monthly spot on option.